- Upstream through its subsidiary, BG Exploration and Production India Limited, Shell holds a 30% interest in, and is joint operator of the Panna - Mukta oil and gas fields.
- Downstream comprises Shell’s lubricants and retail business. The lubricants business is active across the full supply chain – manufacturing base oils, blending base oils with additives to make finished lubricants, and distributes, markets and sells lubricants in over 100 countries; and the company’s retail presence in India spans five states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Integrated Gas seeks to reduce supply chain gaps in India’s LNG sector. Shell has made strategic investments to help India transition to a low carbon economy by increasing the share of gas in the energy mix.
- Projects & Technology designs and deploys technology solutions to extract value from digitalisation of our core businesses, and create new value from existing business as well as entirely new business models. For instance, Shell is seeking to develop mobile apps for consumers, inspect flare stacks by flying drones, prototype equipment by means of 3D printing, and blockchain-based digital platforms.
- Shell Business Operationsin India is one of the fastest growing business operations locations worldwide, and plays a crucial role in managing global finance operations across reporting & analysis, direct taxation, controls & compliance, local statutory reporting, data management and analytics.
About Shell in India
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies.
Our operations are divided into four businesses: Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Projects & Technology.
In Upstream we focus on exploration for new liquids and natural gas reserves and on developing major new projects where our technology and know-how add value for resource holders.
In Integrated Gas, we focus on liquefying natural gas (LNG) and converting gas to liquids (GTL) so that it can be safely stored and shipped to markets around the world.
In Downstream, we focus on turning crude oil into a range of refined products, which are moved and marketed around the world for domestic, industrial and transport use. In addition, we produce and sell petrochemicals for industrial use worldwide. Shell’s oil sands mining activities in North America are also part of the Downstream organisation.
Our Projects & Technology business is responsible for delivering new development projects and the research and development that leads to innovative and low-cost investments for the future.