Business Opportunity - Shell Dealership
Creating Value through Partnership
If you’re a natural leader with a passion for customer service, Shell offers you exciting and rewarding opportunities to operate in a network of Dealer owned & operated Shell Stations.
SHELL IS A LEADING ENERGY COMPANY FOR MORE THAN 100 YEARS
Shell Mobility is the world’s number one mobility retailer. We’re proud to serve over 25 million customers a day, processing 11 billion transactions a year across more than 43,000 stations in about 75 countries. Our aim is to meet the energy needs of society, in ways that are economically, socially, and environmentally viable, now and in the future.
Few facts about Shell would include:
- Shell is one of the most recognized brands in the world.
- More than 43,000 service stations in more than 75 countries.
- A Health, Safety, Security & Environment leader.
- World leader in Premium fuels – cutting-edge fuel technologies developed with Ferrari
- Number one Global Lubricant supplier, delivering market-leading lubricants to consumers in over 100 countries.
Shell India is one of the most diversified international energy companies in India with over 9000 employees, over 250,000 retail customers, and more than 190 strong distribution networks. Shell Retail is currently present in India across Nine states - Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Kerala
Presently we are looking for dealer partners across the states of Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu & Kerala in the below mentioned cities:
- Karnataka – Major cities and towns like Tumkur, Shimoga, Udupi, Chitradurga, Chikmangallur, Hassan, Gadag, Mandya, Bagalkot, Kolar, Hospet, Bellary, Chikballapur, Hubli, Belgaum and the major National and State Highways
- Gujarat - Major Towns like Anand, Nadiad, Mehsana, Palanpur, Deesa, Dahod, Navsari, Valsad, Vapi, Surendranagar, Botad, Mahuva, Amreli, Veraval, Porbander, Junagadh, Jetpur, Gondal, Morbi and few National & State Highways etc.
- Maharashtra – Mostly in western part covering major highways, towns like Ahmednagar, Satara, Karad, Baramati, Daund, Bhigwan, Indapur, Shirdi, Yeola, Manmad, Malegaon, Chalisgaon, Nasik Rural, Igatpuri, Ratnagairi, Alibaug, Karjat, Pune-rural and few others.
- Andhra Pradesh - Adoni, Anantapur, Kadapa, Nandyal, Produttur, Madanapalle, Bhimavaram, Chilakaluripet, Chittoor, Dharmavaram, Eluru, Gudivada, Guntakal, Hindupur, Machilipatnam Narasaraopet, Ongole, Srikakulam, Tadipatri, Tenali, Tirupati, Vizianagaram ,Tadepalligudem
- Tamil Nadu - Erode,Tiruvannamalai, Dindigul, Cuddalore, Thanjavur, Pudukottai, Karaikudi, Hosur, Krishnagiri ,Dharmapuri and selected State Highways & National Highways.
- Kerala – Major cities and towns like Kochi, Alleppey, Kollam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Calicut, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasargode and the major National and State Highway stretches like NH 544, NH 66, NH 766 and MC Road.
The Retail Business Opportunity
Running a Shell station is a major commitment. Most of our stations remain open 24X7, 365 days a year and we pledge to provide world-class customer experience with every time. Hence, we are looking for partners who display leadership qualities and can maintain world-class service standards, always.
You will be at the helm of operations of your Retail station and it is upon you to decide how you will organize and manage your team. Your team will look up to you for inspiration and we expect you to be able to lead from the front and set the benchmarks of professionalism. As a part of the role that you will play in Shell’s retail eco-system, you will need to interact with a whole host of people. Given the nature of business, good people skills will help you succeed and manage your stakeholders and customers effortlessly. The relationship you build with people around you will go a long way in building trust and loyalty with your customers and team alike.
The Business Concept
As a Shell DEALER, you get an opportunity to demonstrate your acumen in the following areas, to name a few: - customer service, retail operations excellence, P&L management, business approach, enthusiasm and most importantly, commitment. We will partner and help you build the fuel station (land, Infrastructure & fuels owned by DEALER) and handhold you through a world class training program. As partners, we will work together to achieve common objectives and will support each other to ensure that the business prospers in an open and collaborative environment.
As per of our standard business operative models, the dealer will have to abide by the following entitlements and royalty structure:
Entitlements and Royalty Overview
- The Dealer receives a commission on all fuel sales and attractive margin via Lubricant sale.Also, he/ she is entitled to the income generated from all shop transactions but is expected to pay pre-agreed royalties to Shell for all non-fuel sales
- The Dealer is expected to grow the business and exceed estimated business plans while controlling and optimizing on their costs.
- Shell will determine the core product range for the convenience store; however, the Dealer has an option to include a limited range of products of their choice to cater to local tastes and preferences.
- The investment towards the inventory of the Fuel, Lubricant & convenience store will have to be borne by the Dealer.
- The Dealer is required to recruit and manage the staff at their station. They will be on the Dealer’s business payroll.
Returns on investment
- Like any other retail business, the income one can expect from a retail outlet depends on a variety of factors like location, size of the outlet and format of the shop. There is also a possibility of a single Dealer handling multiple sites
- The Dealer investment is different for different location based on the model of the retail outlet. This can range from 75 lakhs to 300 Lakhs INR** which is utilized for CAPEX of the project. The dealer needs invest additionally for the working capital towards his inventory of fuel & non-fuel.
- SHELL does not charge any security deposit for allotment of dealership (However there will be Minimal non refundable application fees will be there)
- The ROI of an outlet is generally 12-15%** in average for a dealer.
**Please note, these figures are indicative and subject to change based on the site parameters.
An ideal candidate should have:
- Preferably Business/working experience in retail / service / hospitality industry
- Investment capacity depending on outlet type
- Experience in managing and handling manpower
- Ability to manage financial statements, P&L and drive profitability
- Strong financial credibility
- Ability to unlearn and learn
- High sense of integrity and commitment towards company guidelines
- Suitable land parcel (owned/leased)
Think you might be a good fit? Take the plunge and fill in your details in the form given below!
“Shape the future we will be proud of and make a difference to life’s journeys”
As they say, leadership is not just about you but about the growth of others. At Shell, we believe in empowering leaders. If you’re a pioneer with a zeal to serve your customers, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Today, people at fuel stations do not just sell fuel but offer a service that drives consumers back to them. Customers these days look for a wide range of products and services that cater to the needs of both the Motor and the Motorist. With more than 43,000 outlets that serve 25 million customers across the world, every day, we offer an opportunity for being associated with the brand.
We’re consistently making enhancements in our operations. Delivering world class Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do. And, all of these are being delivered by passionate people. So, if you are people oriented, customer centric, P&L focused, business minded, ambitious and determined, Shell can give wings to your aspirations of being an entrepreneur.
If that sounds like something you can help deliver, then you could look forward to a great future as part of our select group of Shell Dealers.
MEET OUR DEALERS
1. Morbi, Gujarat
“I simply feel WOW! When I first went to a Shell Retail station in Rajkot, I was amazed by the services offered to customers and the way they were greeting each & every customer. The same day, I decided to become a dealer for Shell in Gujarat. My primary businesses include Solar Energy, Construction, Land development businesses which were not related with Mobility business. I went to Bengaluru for the dealer evaluation process as I had a wonderful land in the middle of Morbi city. It was a very smooth interaction with the Shell representatives and they guided me very well to associate with the No. 1* Fuel brand in the world. When I got my first LOI in Gujarat for commercial dealer operated site with Shell after proper due diligence, I was really thrilled and on the top of the world. It was like a dream come true for me & my family. At each & every stage, Shell representatives have guided me very well for setting up the retail station in Morbi. Now I am the proud owner of M/s Jayraj Petroleum, Morbi. I was inducted and well trained by Shell team due to which I can now replicate a similar operation like any company owned site in my city as well. When people appreciate our various services like Premium Fuels, Lube bay, Convince store, I feel I have taken the right decision to become a dealer with Shell. On regular basis, Shell representatives guide me and help me to maximize my ROI from my site. After this stupendous experience, I am set to get another Retail station of Shell where I want to cater to a larger set of customers and maximize my ROI.”
2. Chottanahalli, Karnataka
"I have worked as a teacher in Bangalore for the last six years. I was very satisfied with my job ; amidst children. But my dream of becoming an entrepreneur was always alive within me. No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.
Being a customer of Shell for many years, I have always admired the quality and service offered by Shell. When I learnt that Shell is offering dealership, I realized that this could be the path to realizing my dream. I got selected as a dealer and there was no end to my delight. It was a dream come true to be a part of the prestigious Shell family.
Today, I am a confident individual with a team of employees serving our customers with the best quality, safety and services offered by Shell. I thank my family for the immense support and the team at Shell who led me to where I am today. I cherish this association with Shell and would continue to keep the company’s world class service alive at my station."
Is there a monetary investment required in order to become a Shell Dealer?
Am I required to secure land and build infrastructure on site?
I want to run my own business but I’m not sure I have the relevant experience. What qualifications do I need?
I think I have the right qualities; do I still need to undergo the training?
How much can I expect to earn?
I want to apply for the dealership. What do I need to do next?