Praveen leads our technical team in India and has been responsible for establishing the Shell Technology Leadership division.
Cluster Technical Manager, India
With an MBA and a degree in mechanical engineering, Praveen worked for an engine OEM for 12 years, covering stationary power engines. He has worked with the Shell global R&D and marketing team on product development, training sales and technical teams. Praveen now leads several initiatives on technology leadership and customer technical experience. He helps develop strategies to meet future needs and is responsible for developing the technical competencies of Shell and its channel partners.
Read Praveen’s top 5 tips on Lubrication
- Identify the right lubricant for your equipment, given your specific operating conditions. If in doubt get help from your product supplier – this will increase your equipment’s working life.
- Cheaper lubricants aren’t always the best choice. Always evaluate whether higher initial costs might contribute to a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Effective oil condition monitoring can help to maximise your equipment’s performance.
- Stick to the recommended operating conditions for your equipment to make your lubricants last longer and minimise equipment downtime.
- Be on the lookout for lubricants that can increase the efficiency of your equipment and help minimise waste and emissions.