In this section you will find all the latest news and media releases from the Shell Group of Companies in India.
Latest media releases
Nov 08, 2019
Wins the ‘Working Mother and Avtar Best Companies for Women in India 2019’ for its progressive women policies and inclusive work culture.
Nov 07, 2019
Shell’s investment will support d.light in its next phase of continued profitable growth as it positively impacts millions of customers, while giving several early investors a successful exit.
Oct 03, 2019
Fresh funds will help fuel the growth of Orb Energy’s in-house finance facility for more Indian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to benefit from solar power
Aug 21, 2019
Bengaluru: Embracing the challenge of ensuring business relevance in a fast-changing digital landscape, Shell recently organised the third edition of its annual tech community event ‘Shell IT-Day’ 2019. Shell IT-Day 2019’s theme, ‘Product Mindset and Staying Relevant’, underscored the need for continuous industry-wide digital transformation to create and protect business value, whilst managing and balancing business risk.
Aug 20, 2019
New Delhi: Shell today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, BG Asia Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd (BGAPH) has sold all its remaining shareholding in the publicly listed Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL).
Aug 05, 2019
Shell is installing solar photovoltaic panels on the roofs of seven lubricant plants in India, China, Italy, Singapore and Switzerland. Combined, the panels are expected to generate over 7,500 MWh of electricity annually and can result in the avoidance of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of approximately 4,500 tonnes on a CO2-equivalent basis per year, equivalent to taking about 2,600 cars off the road for one year.
Aug 03, 2019
Mumbai - Shell India has received the ‘Best Employer - 2019’ award by global professional services firm Aon plc. Selected from amongst 125 peer organizations across industries, Shell India received the prestigious award for the second consecutive year.
Jul 10, 2019
Expand vision correction program to serve 3.65 lakh commercial drivers and transportation workers by 2020
Jul 09, 2019
- Make the Future Live to be held from November 19 – 22, 2019, where representatives from business, academia, government and students will explore the future of energy and mobility
- Young engineering students to compete with their self-designed and built energy-efficient vehicles in the Shell Eco-marathon, to see who can go farthest on the least amount of energy
May 03, 2019
- Six teams from India participated at the Make the Future Live Malaysia festival in 2019
- India’s Team Averera from IIT-BHU secures second spot in the battery electric category, with an exceptional mileage of 465 km/kWh
- Takes home the Vehicle Design (Prototype) Award
Jan 11, 2019
Cleantech Solar announced today that it has completed the transaction for Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd (Shell) to acquire a 49% interest in the company, following receipt of all necessary regulatory and other approvals.
Shell completes deal to acquire 100% equity in Hazira LNG & Port Companies – now set to better serve Indian customers through a fully-owned and integrated Shell gas value chain
Jan 09, 2019
New Delhi : Shell Gas B.V., a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc (“Shell”), announced today that it has completed acquisition of 26% equity interest in the Hazira LNG and Port venture in India from Total Gaz Electricité Holdings France (“Total”). “This brings Shell’s equity interest in the venture to 100%.
Jan 07, 2019
- Shell has selected eight start-ups for 2019, compared to five in 2018
- Focus of E4 programme has grown from offering one track to five tracks in 2019, covering the needs of startups at various stages.
Shell in the news
Feb 25, 2019
- GST on natural gas will make transport of the fuel across India efficient, says Shell Energy Asia VP Ajay Shah
- Shell owns the 5 million metric tonne Hazira LNG terminal in Gujarat and is also present in fuel retailing
Feb 25, 2019
Shah told ETEnergyWorld that the company’s 5 Million Tonne Per Annum (MMTPA) Hazira LNG terminal plans to have a truck loading unit which will allow transportation of natural gas through trucks and the facility can also be used to fuel heavy-duty vehicles run on natural gas.
Jun 05, 2018
Singapore (Platts) - India's sweeping reforms in the oil sector, its insatiable appetite for fuel and an urgency to embrace new forms of energy provided Shell with the ideal platform for growth in one of Asia's fastest growing markets, country CEO Nitin Prasad said last Friday.
May 01, 2018
Despite the competition from price-sensitive regional players and dominant PSUs, Shell India has grown at a CAGR of 20% in the last 5 years, and with aggressive expansion plans the momentum will continue in the coming years, Mansi Tripathy, managing director, Shell India Markets, told Vikas Srivastava during an exclusive interview.
Apr 27, 2018
Royal Dutch Shell subsidiary Shell Lubricants' Indian arm on Monday launched its fully synthetic engine oil - Shell Helix HX8 - saying it is suitable for all cars in the country including SUVs, hatchbacks, sedans and MUVs.