Synthetic Lubricants Promo
Terms & Conditions for Retail Offer on Synthetic Lubricants
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this link (the “URL”). By accessing or using this URL or any functionality thereof on any computer, mobile phone, tablet, console or other device (together “Devices” and each a “Device”), you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use and applicable law.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not access or use the URL or any functionality thereof.
1. Owner and Operator Information
1.1 The URL is owned by Shell India Markets Private Limited and operated by Liquid Barcodes on behalf of Shell India Markets Private Limited;
1.2 The URL is provided in India by Shell India Markets Private Limited (“Shell”).
1.3 For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions of Use, any reference to “Shell”, “we” or “us” may be a reference to the Shell group of companies in general, or to any one company within the Shell group of companies if no useful purpose is served by identifying that specific company.
2. User Restrictions and Access
2.1 This URL can be used only by the individuals who are at least 18 years of age.
2.3 The use of URL require access to the Internet.
3. Acceptable use
3.1 You may:
(a) print off one copy of any or all of the pages for your own personal non-commercial use.
3.2 You may not:
(a) copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, downloading or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the URL (including User Generated Content, unless it is your own User Generated Content that you legally post to the URL or associated forum) except as set out under Clause 3.1 above. These restrictions Apply in relation to all or part of the Content;
(b) remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the URL;
(c) link to the URL;
(d) use the URL (or any part of it) in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions of Use, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious codes, including viruses, or harmful data, into the URL or any operating system;
(e) use the URL in a way which could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise Shell’s systems or security or interfere with other users;
(f) collect or harvest any information or data from the URL or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any part of the URL; or
(g) change or delete any ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from the URL;
(h) circumvent or modify any URL security technology or software, without Shell’s express written consent.
4. Not Used
5. Mobile Services
The use of the URL is for free but be aware that your carrier´s normal rates Apply. By using the URL, you agree that we may communicate with you by electronic means and that certain information about your use of these services may be shared with us.
6. User Generated Content
6.1 “User Generated Content” is any content such as communications, information, messages, photographs, music, videos, designs, graphics, website links, data, profiles that you and/or other URL users post or otherwise make available on or through the App, except to the extent that such content is owned by or licensed to Shell.
6.2 You are solely responsible for your User Generated Content, your interactions with other users of the URL and your activity on the URL. You agree not to post any content or make any communications which may expose Shell or any of the URL’s users to harm or liability of any type. You agree not to post or submit User Generated Content, or a link to a website, which, is illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, libelous, infringing, harassing, hateful, threatening, abusive, pornographic, offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural or ethnic consent or is otherwise objectionable.
6.3 You confirm that you own or control all rights in any User Generated Content that you post or submit on or through the URL. You agree not to submit User Generated Content unless you are the owner or have permission of the owner to post such User Generated Content.
6.4 Your User Generated Content is not confidential or proprietary. You grant, and warrant that you have the right to grant to Shell a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual right to use your User Generated Content in any manner of media now or later developed for any purpose, commercial, advertising or otherwise, including the right to translate, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative work, sub-license, distribute, assign and commercialize without any payment due to you.
6.6 Should any part of this URL offer you the opportunity to join in or read from a forum, please be aware that any communications posted on the forum represent the views of the individual who posted such communication and are not to be taken as the views of Shell.
6.7 Do not use this URL or any functionality thereof for any commercial purpose.
6.8 Do not post any User Generated Content that includes “junk mail”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or other forms of solicitation. Do not use automated scripts to collect information from this URL.
6.9 6.10 Shell reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through any forum provided, and, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to review, remove or otherwise block any material posted.
6.11 Shell has no obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit or remove User Generated Content and assumes no responsibility for User Generated Content, even where it chooses to carry out prescreening, monitoring, editing or removal of User Generated Content.
7.1 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Shell, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, legal costs arising from or relating in any way to your User Generated Content, your use of Content, your use of the URL or any violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, any law or the rights of any third party.
8.1 If you choose or are provided with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of Shell’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party nor allow any unauthorized person access to the URL under your username and/or password. You are responsible for any actions that take place while using your URL account or while using the URL via your Device and Shell is not responsible for any loss that results from the unauthorized use of your username and/or password, with or without your knowledge.
9. Intellectual Property Rights (“IPR”)
9.1 All intellectual property contained in or on the URL (except for User Generated Content) is owned by Shell. All content in the URL (except for User Generated Content) including, but not limited to, text, software, scripts, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and all other content (“Content”) is a collective work under applicable copyright laws and is the proprietary property of Shell. Shell reserves all its rights in respect of the IPR contained in the URL and in respect of the Content.
9.2 In particular, this URL contains trademarks including, but not limited to, the mark "Shell" and the Shell emblem. All trademarks included on this URL are owned by Shell. Shell reserves all its rights in respect of the trademarks included on this URL.
9.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be interpreted as granting to you any license of IPR owned by Shell.
10.1 SIMPL is responsible for all processing of your personal data in accordance with Applicable law.
10.2 What personal data does SIMPL handle about you?
SIMPL collects and processes personal information about you give missed call to provided number in the URL. The personal data SIMPL handles are data that you register yourself, for example, mobile number and information generated during your use of the Application, for example, usage of the App/URL, queue patterns and information about where you are.
Your personal information will be retained only if there is a need to preserve them to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected for as shown below. SIMPL may save the data longer if necessary to comply with legal requirements or to monitor the legal interests of SIMPL, such as if there is a legal process going on. When you disable or unregister your account, all your data is deleted.
10.3 Why does SIMPL process data about you?
SIMPL processes your personal data for a variety of purposes. Mainly, SIMPL processes your personal information for the purpose of providing the App/URL and for fulfilling this agreement. Based on your agreement, SIMPL may also process your personal information to provide you with better and customized offers based on your purchase patterns and to provide you with information about ongoing promotions and discounts via SMS or email. Your personal data may also be processed for various news and information items regarding SIMPL via SMS or e-mail. Your personal information may also be used to provide you with information about your nearest store based on your location. In the URL, you can easily control what you consent to. You may at any time withdraw all or part of your consent by adjusting your choices in the control panel or by terminating your account.
10.4 Third Parties
Personal data may be disclosed if it is necessary to comply with applicable legal requirements or government requirements, to take advantage of the legal interests of SIMPL or to detect, prevent or detect fraud and other security or technical issues.
10.5 Your rights
In accordance with Applicable law, you have the following rights to us:
a. Right to access your data: You are entitled to request information about which personal data we are processing about you.
b. Right to rectification: You are entitled, at any time, to request that we have legal personally identifiable information. SIMPL will, at your request or on its own initiative, correct the information that is found to be incorrect or misleading.
c. Right to be deleted: You can terminate your account at any time by choosing Opt out option by ‘SHELL OPT OUT’ given number at site contacting SIMPL. SIMPL will then delete or unidentify all information about you, except for such information that SIMPL is required by law to keep. If you choose to disable or cancel your account, all data will be deleted, i.e. SIMPL will not be able to retrieve old history associated with your account.
d. Right to restriction. You may request that the processing of your personal data be limited and stored only for any internal review by the company towards future development of campaign of a similar nature.
10.6 Protection of personal data
SIMPL recognizes that you as a user of the URL should always be able to feel confident when you provide your personal information to SIMPL. SIMPL has therefore taken the security measures needed to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, change and deletion.
11. Disclaimer and Liability
11.1 You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you enter or submit into the URL. While Shell does its best to ensure that any information provided as part of this URL is correct at the time of inclusion on the URL, Shell cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information.
11.2 To the fullest extent permitted by law, Shell disclaims all warranties, express or implied, regarding the operation and use of the URL and any products accessed via the URL. You understand and agree that you use the URL at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for your use and for any damage to the Device through which you access the URL, loss of data or any other harm of any kind which may result from downloading, accessing or using the URL.
11.3 To the fullest extent permitted by law, Shell shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under or in connection with any products accessed via the URL, your use of this URL, or for your reliance on any information or advice contained in the URL for:
(a) loss of actual or anticipated profit, sales, savings, use, business, business opportunity or revenue;
(b) losses caused by business interruption;
(c) loss of goodwill or reputation;
(d) loss or corruption of data, information or software; or
(e) any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by you in connection with your use of the URL or any materials posted on it,
even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by you and/or Shell.
11.4 Further, Shell shall not be liable to you or any third party in respect of fraud, negligence, act, default or omission or willful misconduct of:
(a) independent contractors / retailers engaged by Shell, or their employees, contractors or agents; and
(b) any retail site staff or their employees, contractors or agents (including any refusal to provide fuel).
11.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall limit or exclude Shell’s liability for death or personal injury caused by Shell’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
12. External websites and Applications
12.1 The URL may include links to external websites or Applications. When you follow such links the external website or Application may Appear as a full screen (in which case you will need to use the Device button to return to this URL) or in some cases it may Appear within the frame of this URL (in which case you will be able to return to this URL by using the navigation buttons within the frame or this URL). These links are provided to help you find relevant websites, Applications, services and/or products which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these websites or Applications are suitable for your purposes. Shell is not responsible for the owners or operators of these Applications or websites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content of their websites or Applications and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external website or Application to which this URL includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
13. Changes to/operation of the URL
13.1 Shell may change the format and content of all or any part of this URL at any time, including but not limited to removal of features or functionalities in the URL.
13.2 Shell may suspend the operation of this URL, or of certain of its features or functionalities, for support or maintenance work, to update the content or for any other reason.
13.3 Shell undertakes no obligation to provide any kind of support or maintenance of the Application.
13.4 Shell is entitled to change the terms, or cease providing the URL. If you do not agree to the changed terms, you have the right to unsubscribe as a user and terminate your account before the changed terms come into force. Once you have uninstalled the Application from all devices, the terms will expire.
14. Transfer of Rights
14.1 Shell may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any affiliate of Shell. Any such transfer will not affect your rights or Shell’s obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use.
15. Complaints Procedure
15.1 If you have a question or complaint about this URL, please email at: generalpublicenquiries-IN@shell.com
16.1 Each of the Clauses or sub-clauses of these Terms and Conditions of Use operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining Clauses or sub-clauses will remain in full force and effect.
17.1 Shell reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate your access to this URL or any functionalities thereof, delete your profile and any of your User Generated Content and/or restrict your use of all or any part of the URL at any time, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability to you or anyone else. Shell also reserves the right to prevent access to the URL or any of its functionalities or features.
17.2 You understand and agree that some of your User Generated Content may continue to Appear on or through the URL or may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time even after you have logged off the URL
17.3 These Terms and Conditions of Use remain in effect after your access to the URL is terminated.
18. Changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use
Shell may change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice, effective upon posting the amended Terms and Conditions of Use to the URL. In the event that the Terms and Conditions of Use are amended, you will be asked to accept those revised Terms and Conditions of Use when you next use the URL. Any use of the URL thereafter will be on the basis of those revised Terms and Conditions of Use.
19. Dispute Resolution Mechanism
Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation to and arising out of this URL and, or pertaining to these terms and conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The venue of arbitration shall be Delhi, India. The Rules of Arbitration of Delhi International Arbitration Centre (“Rules”) shall apply to the arbitration proceedings and the arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator to be appointed as per the Rules. The award of Arbitration shall be final and binding on the parties.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of India and subject to the aforesaid arbitration provisions, the courts at Bangalore, Karnataka shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.
Free Fuel with Advance & Helix Ultra
1. This Offer is brought to you by Shell India Markets Pvt. Limited (SIMPL)
2. This Offer will be available at the Shell (Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu & Gujarat CO) fuel station operated SIMPL herein referred to as the ’Specified Site’ for said promotion
3. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. This offer is valid from 3rd May to 31st July 2019; SIMPL reserves the right to terminate or extend the promotion beyond the specified date without prior intimation
5. The offer is open on all days of the week (Monday to Sunday).
6. This offer is available for all participants who buy Shell Fuels (Unleaded Petrol, Shell V power Petrol/Diesel and Shell Diesel) & Shell Advance Ultra or Shell Helix Ultra in a single invoice and give missed call to 8448388008.
7. The Participant shall be eligible to receive free 2litres of shell fuel along with Free oil change or purchase of 1 Liter of Advance Ultra or 3Litres or more of Helix Ultra.
8. The offer to be availed by each 2W is capped at 2L free fuel/transaction & for 4W is capped at 4L free Fuel/transaction.
9. The participant must present a valid SMS of same day along with the coupon code at specified site.
10. The coupon code for the winning prize can be redeemed within 12 hours, post which the code will automatically expire.
11. The maximum number of missed call by any customer in a day from one mobile number is capped at two.
12. The coupon code will be used by cashier at site using the Merchant URL developed specifically for this promotion.
13. No queries/ clarifications/ suggestions will be entertained on the modality of selection or the selection process which would be entirely at the discretion of SIMPL.
14. The offer is not transferable and cannot be exchanged/ redeemed for cash. No cash claim shall be entertained in lieu of the offer.
15. This offer cannot be combined with any other ongoing offer or discount at the site.
16. SIMPL reserves the right to change any Prize and/or the terms and conditions of this promotion at its discretion without prior notice or liability to the customer. All decisions made by SIMPL in respect of this promotion or in the event of any dispute are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
17. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
18. Participants must be aged above 18 years of age on the promotion start date and be a resident and/or citizen of India to participate.
19. The following are not eligible to participate: (a) persons who are employees of SIMPL or any of its group companies or controlled by it in any manner whether directly or indirectly (b) Employees, contractors, sub-contractors of any of SIMPL agencies associated in the development and execution of this promotion or their immediate family members.
20. SIMPL reserves the right to request proof of a participant's eligibility if there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the promotion.
21. To the extent only permitted by Applicable law, SIMPL reserves the right to use the customer’s image, photograph, name and likeness in post-promotion publicity material and in advertising, marketing or promotional material in any media by any means throughout the world for any purpose connected with the products/services of Shell or any company within the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and all participants consent to the same.
22. Subject to Applicable laws, SIMPL shall not be liable for any losses, taxes, liabilities or inconvenience suffered by any participant as a result of these terms and conditions, entering this promotion or accepting any part of the offer
23. SIMPL shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions or for this promotion or using the offer for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and Shell India Markets Pvt Limited and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
24. SIMPL does not accept responsibility for (1) lost, late or undelivered entries or (2) any technical or access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of a participant to enter the promotion or (3) any event which may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
25. By Giving a Missed call to participate in the promotion campaign customer is agreeing to receive promotional content on behalf of Shell.
26. If customer wants to opt out from receiving the message/communication at any moment of time they can do so by sending message “ SHELL STOP” to 56161.
Shell India Markets Pvt Limited’s rights
27. SIMPL may (i) extend (ii) terminate or suspend the promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond the Shell India Markets Pvt Limited’s control (iii) substitute a prize (or any part of a Prize).
28. Prizes/ offers will not be replaced at winner’s request or demand by any alternative or cash equivalent although SIMPL reserves the right to substitute either any part of Prize or whole Prize for similar prize of equal or greater value. The Prize/offer is not transferable.
29. This promotion is valid for purchases made from Specified Sites as listed in [●]
30. In addition to these terms & conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by Shell India Markets Pvt Limited from time to time to deal with any unforeseen situation. Shell India Markets Pvt Limited also reserves the absolute right to change the terms and conditions contained herein and, or, any other rules and regulations in respect of the promotion at any time without any notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Participants are requested to refer to such other terms and conditions, if any, which may be intimated separately as Shell India Markets Pvt Limited considers fit. However, no obligation is cast on SIMPL to separately intimate each individual participant with regard to such additional terms and conditions.
31. SIMPL also reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any stage without any liability whatsoever to the participant.
32. The participant undertakes and declares, by participating in the promotion that they shall do so only on satisfying the relevant qualification criteria. In the event, a participant is found to have dropped the coupon without satisfying the qualification criteria, such a participant shall be forthwith barred from participating in the promotion.
33. Each participant understands that each of the officials of SIMPL engaged in the organization and management of this promotion including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any participant in respect of this promotion.
34. The participant undertakes to indemnify and keep SIMPL harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by SIMPL due to breach of any of the terms and conditions herein contained.
35. Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation to and arising out of this Contest and or pertaining to these terms and conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The venue of arbitration shall be Delhi India. The Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Applicable laws in India and will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Bangalore alone. The Rules of Arbitration of Delhi International Arbitration Centre (“Rules”) shall Apply to the arbitration proceedings and the arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator to be Appointed as per the Rules. The award of Arbitration shall be final and binding on the parties.
36. Each participant must ensure that his or her participation in the promotion is lawful in accordance with the laws of India. Neither SIMPL nor its representatives or agents shall be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any participant's participation in the promotion.
37. Participation in the promotion will be construed as an acceptance of these terms and conditions stipulated herein and of any terms and conditions already annonge mandatory for getting free fuel?