What is the “Shell Cash” Program?
Shell Cash is a prepaid card Program run by Shell in India to offer its customers a payment option that helps them enjoy cashless convenience at participating Shell Retail outlets.
The customers can utilize this card to purchase fuel, lubricants and products sold in the Shell C-stores. The customers can reload this card through various channels and modes of payment like cash, credit/debit cards directly at the Shell sites, or online using net banking, money transfers or using credit/debit cards.
What is the Shell Cash card?
The Shell Cash card is a magnetic stripe enabled plastic card. Because we want to make it an easier and safer alternative to cash, it does not require a PIN when you buy fuel, only a signature.
The Shell Cash card can be a personal card, fully registered in our systems with details like your phone number, mail ID and address, along with your name embossed on the card.
It can also be a non-registered card that you purchase over the counter and can start using immediately, for which the details of the card holder are not registered with Shell, and no name is embossed on the card.
In case you have one of these cards and you want to register your details to enjoy the complete benefits of the Shell Cash Program, you can go online on www.shell.com/india/cards using your card number (embossed on the card) to add your personal details.
By doing this your card will become registered in the Program and will be equivalent to a personal card. In this case you will not receive a fresh card with your name embossed on it.
How can I secure my Shell Cash Card?
- It is highly recommended that you don’t give your Shell Cash Card to anyone else for use. In case, you would like to hand over your card to your son/daughter/wife/parents/chauffer, please make it a point for reviewing the Card transaction slip & Shell’s electronic bill for your reference.
- Remember / safely make note of your Card Number immediately after you receive it. It is only with this that any emergency service, such as hot listing / preventing misuse of your lost / stolen card can be proceeded. This is mandatory for registered & non registered card holders.
- Non Personalized Card holders to register their card online immediately after they receive their Card. This will ensure that any money left behind your stolen / lost card is transferred to your new Card.
Why is it important to Register my Non Personalized Card?
A customer can buy a Non Personalized Card from any of the participating Shell Fuel stations at the prescribed fee. The benefit of this card is that it is ready for customer’s use immediately. However, in order to avail the complete benefit, it is highly recommended that a customer registers the card online. The benefit of registering are as follows:
- Card security. Registration will ensure that any money left behind a stolen / lost card are transferred into the new Card.
- 0.5% cash back every time you purchase for INR 500 or more.
- Enables online tracking the transactions made at any of the participating Shell Outlets
- Viewing your monthly statements on our website.
- Blocking your card online if it gets stolen or lost.
- Refund of monies, if any should the customer chose to cancel the Card.
- Reload the card online using your credit/debit card*.
* subject to a convenience fee as applicable.
How can I earn Cash Back from Shell Cash Card?
- Any customer who holds a personalized card or a REGISTERED non personalized card, starts earning cash back @ 0.5% every time you purchase for INR 500 or more using your Shell Cash Card in a day at any of the participating Shell stations.
- This purchase of INR 500 or more can be made across different product lines – Fuels, Lubricants & Convenience Retail products. Different products can be clubbed together as well.
- The purchase of INR 500 or more cannot be clubbed across different days. However, within the same day, INR 500 can be purchased across different product lines and at different participating outlets to be eligible for cash back.
- The total cash back earned for the month shall be credited into the card holders Shell Cash Card account on or before 5’th of next month.
- Cash Back will be eligible only for those purchases made after a customer has registered his/her card online.
What fees apply to the Shell Cash Program?
The following fees* apply to the Shell Cash program:
- Card issuing fee - only applied once and includes first year membership fee :
- Non Personalized Card (bought from Shell Fuel Stations) – Rs 50
- Purchase transaction fee : NIL Charge
- Reload Transaction fee : NIL Charge for loading by cash/Cr/Dr cards at a participating retail outlet. Please check for any charge that is levied by your Cr/Dr issuing bank.
- Online Card Loading fee via NEFT (direct bank transfer from Customer’s account): NIL Charge from our end.
- Annual membership fee (For both Personalized & Non Personalized Cards): Rs. 50
- Card replacement fee (For both Personalized & Non Personalized Cards): Rs. 50 (if card is lost/stolen/damaged)
- Card replacement fee at expiry date : NIL charges
- Card cancellation fee without Refund (Nil Balance) : NIL charges
- Card cancellation fee with Refund: Rs. 100. This is applicable only for Personalized Card holders & Registered Non Personalized Card Holders. Shell will be unable to process any refund, in case a Non Personalized Card holder has not registered online. This charge is collected owing to the refund processing charges incurred by Shell. It is recommended that a customer purchases fuels / lubricants / CR products from any of the participating stations for the balance amount in the Card & bring it to NIL balance. In such a case no charges will be levied for card cancellation as there will be NIL refund to be processed.
How long is the Membership valid for?
The Shell Cash Program Membership is valid for a period of 1 year and is automatically renewed every year, for which the annual membership fee* (Rs. 50) is deducted from the card balance.
How do I re load money on the card?
We offer various ways by which you can load your Shell Cash Card. Browse through the details below & select any mode that suits you the best.
- NEFT via Netbanking/IMPS- Direct transfer from your Bank Account (Highly Recommended) : NO additional charges
It shall take 2 Working Hours post Credit to reload your Shell Cash Card.
* Kindly note that Banks are closed between 4 PM & 8 AM on regular weekdays, 2nd & 4th Saturdays, all Sundays & Public Holidays.
At Shell Outlets:
- Cash : NO additional charge
- Credit / Debit Card : Additional charges as applicable by the issuing bank of your credit / debit card
Can I load a Shell Cash card with a cheque?
No, reloads by cheque are not possible. Only cash, online bank money transfers and credit/debit cards (online or at Shell outlets) are accepted to reload your card.
Do I get Credit facility on Shell Cash card?
No, the Shell Cash card is not a credit card, your card account will be debited immediately and the corresponding amount deducted from the card account balance at the moment of transaction. If funds on the card are insufficient to perform a fuel purchase, then the payment will not be authorized and you will need to reload your card to continue using it.
What is the minimum and maximum loading amount?
The minimum loading amount is Rs.1,000^ and thereafter in multiples of Rs100^. E.g: Rs 900 cannot be loaded because it is less than Rs. 1,000 and similarly Rs. 1,550 cannot be loaded for it is not in multiple of Rs. 100. For security reasons, we also do not accept cash reload amounts higher than Rs. 25,000 at a time on a single day.
What should I do if my card is damaged or not working for some reason?
If your card does not work at the participating Shell Retail outlet, the site attendant may be able to assist you to solve the problem; however there may be instances when you may need to call our Customer Care number to allow us to solve the problem. In some cases, especially if the card is damaged or worn out, the card may need replacement. In such a case, the funds available on your damaged card will be transferred to the new card.
If you have a non-registered card it will not be possible to recover the balance remaining on your old card. This is one of the reasons we recommend you to register your card with your personal details online.
How do I use my Shell Cash card for purchases at the Shell outlet?
You will continue to make all purchases at a participating Shell retail outlet in the same manner that you have been doing so far. In case you are a new customer to our site, we welcome you to experience the quick and efficient service at the Shell participating retail outlet. You have to pay for the purchase of fuel, lubes or C-store items using the Shell Cash card.
How to check the balance on my Shell Cash card?
- Call our Customer Care on 1800 425 03000/022 4042 6026.**
- If your card is registered with Shell, log on to your web account at www.shell.com/india/cards
- You can ask the Shell attendant to swipe the card on the terminal to check your balance.
- Every time you make a purchase at the participating Shell Retail outlet, the charge slip will indicate the remaining balance on your card.
- You will also receive a SMS after each re-load or purchase transaction informing you of the balance on your card, if you are registered as a customer.
What should I do if I lose my Shell Cash card?
- Please contact the Customer Care number as soon as possible, on losing your Shell Cash Card. The Shell Cash team will ensure that your card is blocked immediately to prevent any misuse.
- If you have a registered card, Shell will replace your card with a new one and your remaining balance available at the moment of blocking the card will be transferred on the new card. You should expect to receive the new card within a week.
- If you have a non-registered card it will not be possible to recover the balance remaining on your old card. This is one of the reasons we recommend you to register your card with your personal details online.
What information can I get from the web on my card account?
If your card is registered on the Shell Cash web pages you will be able to view statements showing all your purchase and reload transactions, and also the opening and closing balances for the last six months.
What should I do if some data embossed on the card is incorrect?
You should call our Customer Care number and we can send you a new card with correct data. In some cases we may ask you to pay a card replacement fee.
What should I do if I want to change my registered details (e.g.: phone number and address)?
You should login (with your User ID and Password) on www.shell.com/india/cards and change your details directly there. Alternatively you can call our Customer Care number and ask for your details to be changed. There is no need for a new card.
* Subject to revision without any prior notice.
** Rates as applicable.
^ Minimum reload amounts are subject to change without any prior notice.
^^ Subject to revision without any prior notification.