Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
CSR policy of Shell India Markets Private Limited
Shell India Markets Private Limited (“SIMPL”, “Company”) is committed to the development of India as a leading energy solutions provider by delivering strategic, scalable and sustainable CSR programs that align with the current and future needs of local communities around operations and larger society in the country.
Objectives and Commitments
The Company can undertake any program(s) / project(s) that are relatable to activities set out in Schedule VII, Companies Act, 2013 including:
- Education – To foster interest in STEM education in India among students, especially girls, and improve their skills and employability in energy and STEM areas, to contribute to a diverse and talented population and to also provide scholarships to school children;
- Road Safety – To create an eco-system that promotes safe road behaviours on Indian roads by collaborating with government and like-minded corporates, NGOs to influence commercial drivers, millennials and also power safer roads;
- Access to Energy – To enable and facilitate Access to Energy by actively supporting, partners/ entrepreneurs/ energy providers to implement energy solutions that promote socio economic development of the community;
- Community Skills and Enterprise Development (CSED) – To enhance skills required to improve the employability of local communities;
- Environment Sustainability – To undertake locally relevant initiatives in the areas of environment sustainability and support the affected people during natural disasters; and
- Others – Any other program(s) / project(s) relatable to Schedule VII, Companies Act, 2013, as amended from time to time that are approved by CSR Committee of the Company from time to time.
The CSR Committee constitutes of the Directors of the Company. CSR programs or projects shall be implemented as per the extant internal governance framework following the approval of the CSR Committee. The CSR Committee shall decide on the budget for each Project/Program and monitor the progress thereof from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation
CSR activities will be monitored closely on the progress and against key impact parameters extant internal governance framework. The CSR spend will also follow the Shell Group monitoring and evaluation process, wherever applicable.
Surplus of CSR Projects
Subject to the provisions of Companies Act, 2013, the surplus, if any, arising out of CSR Programs and Projects, and activities shall not form part of business profits of the Company.
The Company shall comply with all applicable provisions of Companies Act, 2013 read with rules thereof, as amended from time to time, in respect of any of the CSR project(s) / program(s) approved by the CSR Committee of the Company.