Projects and sites
Shell employs 4000 people in India. Read about our projects and sites around the country.
- Hazira LNG receiving and re-gasification terminal in Gujarat with capacity of 5 mtpa
- Proposed FSRU project at Kakinada with APGDC, Engie and Shell as partners
- Post combination with BG, Shell acquires stake in PMT-JV between BG (30%), ONGC(40%) and Reliance (30%)
- MGL – JV between BG (49.75%), GAIL (49.75%) and Govt. of Maharashtra
- MGL- Post IPO equity interest to reduce to 32.5%
- With a network of about 250 distributors and a lubricant oil blending plant at Taloja, Shell Lubricants India sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications such as consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, mining, power generation and general engineering.
- Only international company to be granted approval to retail fuel in India till date; license of 2000 retail outlet; currently operations ~80
- Aviation joint venture between Shell and MRPL currently serving
- Third Shell Global Centre for Innovation & Technology in Bangalore, the other two being in Houston and Amsterdam.
- Financial Business Operations in Chennai with 2000+ staff
- An in-house global IT centre setup in Bangalore, which is expected to provide employment opportunities to several thousand IT professionals by 2020
More in about us
Who we are
Learn about our business and people, and how we grew from a small shop in London nearly 200 years ago.
What we do
Shell is an integrated energy company that aims to meet the world’s demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.