- The Shell #makethefuture initiative is aimed at inspiring the development of more and clean energy solutions by supporting India’s smartest start-ups
- Three shortlisted start-ups to get a chance to showcase their ideas to Industry Experts, Venture capital and investor community representatives at Shell Technology Centre Bangalore
- Top three Finalists to be part of Shell Make the Future Singapore, a festival of ideas and innovation for Asia
- Winner to receive ₹10 lakh in prize money, mentorship and the opportunity to further develop their idea
National, 2 March, 2017: Shell today announced the top three shortlisted finalists for the #makethefuture Accelerator India 2017. The national level competition received a positive response with applications from over 50 bright energy start-ups. These start-ups were evaluated by an esteemed jury comprising of senior leaders from Shell on parameters such as innovation, sustainability, disruptive nature of entry and impact to India.
Launched in India for the first time, the #makethefuture Accelerator aims to encourage and accelerate the development of bright ideas that can help provide more and cleaner energy solutions. The top three shortlisted start-ups are:
- Carbon Masters India Pvt. Ltd (Bangalore) – Builds a lower carbon, cost effective renewable energy alternative called ‘Carbon Lites’ – bottled bio CNG product - that can be used in commercial kitchens instead of LPG
- Smart Joules Pvt. Ltd. (New Delhi) - Delivers energy cost savings to India's buildings and factories by transforming their energy infrastructure by installing their equipment called ‘De Joule’. Its first project has generated more than 28% annual energy savings, and has won multiple awards including the first prize in India’s National Energy Conservation Awards and CII’s National Award for Excellence in Energy Management
- Graviky Labs Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore) - Captures air pollution using a retrofitted technology called ‘Kaalink’ to repurpose vehicular emissions into art ink
Commenting on the selection of the shortlisted finalists, Mr. Nitin Prasad, Chairman, Shell Companies in India, said: “Commenting on the selection of the shortlisted finalists, Mr. Nitin Prasad, Chairman, Shell Companies in India, said: “We are delighted with the enthusiasm and the number of responses from various enthusiastic start-ups. Many of the ideas were truly thought provoking and we are grateful to the entrepreneurs for sharing these with us. Shell believes that collaboration is key to finding energy solutions for the future and the quality of applications received only reinforces our belief in the bright young minds of India. The jury had a tough time selecting the top three start-ups. We congratulate the shortlisted teams. These ideas are not just innovative but have the potential to solve complex energy challenges. We look forward to provide these energy start-ups with a platform to demonstrate their ability in bringing those ideas to life.”
Malena Cutuli, Group Head of Integrated Brand Communications & Capability at Shell, said: “Shell recognises that some of the best ideas come from outside our business, which is why we are helping some of the brightest innovators to accelerate the development of their bright energy ideas. We look forward to celebrating our support of entrepreneurs through our #makethefuture campaign, which will come to life at the inauguration of Shell Technology Centre in Bengaluru. I am optimistic that the innovations by these inspirational young entrepreneurs who have really immersed themselves in the conversation around the global energy future will inspire us in the most significant way. I personally congratulate them and look forward to the launch event.”
The top three finalists will attend Make the Future Singapore, a festival of ideas and innovation for Asia, and meet with Shell Eco-marathon students, like minded innovators from the region and senior Shell leaders. They will be invited to the inauguration of Shell Technology Centre Bangalore (STCB) to participate in the accelerator event and pitch their ideas to an esteemed jury including senior leaders from Shell on March 30, 2017. Senior leaders from the start-up space in India, energy engaged entrepreneurs, Shell leadership and media will be present during the event. The winner will be felicitated by the Chief Guest at the inauguration of Shell Technology Centre in Bangalore on March 31, 2017. The winning start-up will be awarded prize money of ₹10 lakh along with mentorship by senior Shell and industry leaders that will help build a strong value proposition and help enable them to access funding to scale.
|Accelerator Event, Singapore||March 16-17, 2017|
|Accelerator Event and Pitch Presentation to Jury||March 30, 2017|
|Felicitation of Winner||March 31, 2017|
For more details visit: